69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Friday, August 31, 2012

Spinning Place Value -- Place Value Freebie

Here's another quick place value activity for a math station.
You need a numbered spinner, place value blocks, paper, and pencil.


Students spin the spinner three times to make a number. They use the place value blocks to model the number. Once they have made a model of the number, they draw it in a graphic organizer and add the standard, word, and expanded forms of the number. You can use the example I included or let students come up with their own way to record the info. This would also be a good activity to show understanding of different ways of representing numbers in a math journal.

Just click on the pic above to download the activity.

7 comments:

  1. I'm featuring this post on Bagels and Blogs tomorrow!

    Donna
    Math Coach’s Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have told you before, but you truly amaze me! Thank you for sharing all your things "free". I love seeing your posts listed in my emails! Your great ideas enrich MY classroom! Thank you Thank you Thank you!
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for all your sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this and everything on your blog!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thank you for all the cute place value games. My second graders will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your ideas. I can use them in my math classes and my pupils will surely love them. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete